Friday, December 11, 2020

Book Beginnings Fridays and The Friday 56

 

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My Book Beginning:

I lifted the curtain flap. Twilight was one of my new favorite things; an extended time here in my new neighborhood in Alaska before and after real sunrise and sunset.

My 56%

He turned and lifted another piece of wood. my foot came free as he reached for me again. I grabbed on and he heaved, and a few clatters of wood later, I was out. The man was covered in bearskin. He held tight to my hand as he led me to flat ground.





4 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I read the first in this series and will be adding this one to my wishlist. I'm spotlighting The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley which was a read/listen combo for me. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's ok. I'm currently reading it.
      The Shadowy Horses sounds good.

      Have a great reading weekend!

      Delete
  2. That's my favorite time of day/night too. Twilight. I've never experienced an Alaskan twilight though. I hope you are enjoying Cold Wind. I like that cover. It's not a book I am familiar with, although the author's name sounds familiar. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Twilight also. The most peaceful time of day it seems.
      This book was very good but I believe I would have enjoyed it much more if I would have had time to read the first book, THIN ICE. It made some references to that one but not enough for me to get a good feel for it.
      Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend.

      Delete

Granite Harbor by Peter Nichols

  My Thoughts I've had a lot of firsts this year. First time reads that is. Another new to me author that I will be looking out for. Thi...