Friday, January 29, 2021

My Book Beginning Friday & Friday 56% 1/29/21

 

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

MY BOOK BEGINNING:
Hope is a coin I carry: an American penny, given to me by a man I came to love. There were times in my journey when it felt as if that penny and the hope it represented were the only things that kept me going.
56%:
She stepped into the tub and crouched down. The water was lukewarm, but still it felt heavenly. Using their last scrap of soap, she washed her body and her hair, trying not to care that in places she felt only her scalp.



12 comments:

  1. I just finished this book, and loved it! The excerpts remind me of how much the writing affected me. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE PERFECT GUESTS”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good. I hope to finish it tonight. I sure a enjoying it.
      THE PERFECT GUESTS sounds great. I'll check yours.
      Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I really like that opening! Grabs my attention right away. Sounds like a good book. Hope you enjoy your reading!

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. That is what grabbed my attention from the very start too. This book is so good. You feel like you are there.
      I'll check your post.
      Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I have heard great things about this author and recently this book! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is so good.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Happy reading and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. I like the books I've read by Kristin Hannah. She came to an event near my home and I was very impressed by her in person, too. My book is Writers and Lovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have read any of hers until this one. I was surprised by that too as she has so many great ones. I will be reading more though. This one is excellent.
      Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. That opening is so good! I love the sound of it. I haven't read anything by Kristin Hannah, but I have a couple of her books on my TBR pile. They always sound so good. This one does too. Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book was very good. It was my first one by her.
      Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful reading week!

      Delete

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week ************ Warning:  Mailbox Mon...