Friday, January 29, 2021

Blogger Hop 1/29/21

 

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION: 
Do you share books? If so, do you have system to keep track of whom you lend them too? 
This week's prompt submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews.
MY ANSWER: 
I do not. I use to but found that other people just do not take care of books that don't belong to them. I mean bending the page corners instead of using a bookmark. How dare they. I take very good care of my books and I expected anyone else to also. Since they don't then I just stopped. Also I had to many that I never got back. How do you lose someone's book you borrow?? 


6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't lend them out either, Linda.

    I know and the people who I lend them to wouldn't dare do anything bad to my books.

    I know who to lend to and who not to lend to. One person hasn't returned one from years ago and another I have to beg for them back. Needless to say...they get no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lend a couple to my granddaughter and she took care of them. Other people didn't.
      I just keep them here. Safe and sound.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I admit I'm a corner folder but only to my own books. I would only lend one if I could be certain of getting it back - which limits my choice to immediate family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think immediate family can be the worse at times.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I have been burned too when loaning out books--not getting them back or coming back in terrible condition. I am the kind of reader who has nothing against dog earring or writing in books as long as those books belong to the person who is doing it. If it's someone else's book or a library book, then it's outright disrespectful. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets old fast when you get burned right?
      I never write in books and expect if someone used one of mine they would not either. But they will...
      You have a great week also and
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Granite Harbor by Peter Nichols

  My Thoughts I've had a lot of firsts this year. First time reads that is. Another new to me author that I will be looking out for. Thi...