Friday, January 22, 2021

My Book Beginning Friday & Friday 56% 1/22/21

 

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

MY BOOK BEGINNING
Amy
It was as if an earthquake had hit, and now all of the contents of Amy Bergstrom's life had fallen out of her closets, cupboards, shelves, and drawers and onto the floor. Sometimes this was quite literal, like the pile of summer clothes that had lain folded and dormant in a storage bin in the back of her closet all winter but now sat next to her full-length mirror, where she courageously tried on every much-loved shirt and dress to see whether it would still fit her now.

56%
I am alive now. I am alive now. I am alive now, she repeated over and over as she walked on, and she listened to the songs of birds, of robins and hermit thrushes, and this combination made each second more tolerable, even though it didn't solve the problem of her mortality.

This book is so good. Very realistic and very touching. 


14 comments:

  1. Wow, now I definitely want to know more! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “BEFORE SHE DISAPPEARED”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      This book is very good. I'm enjoying it. A bit tearful though.
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. sounds good, quite intriguing. My post is here https://francebooktours.com/2021/01/22/loving-modigliani-friday-56/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very good book. It's very emotional.
      Sure makes me wonder how everyone is going to come back together in the end. I hope they do.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What's Worth Keeping looks like a good one. I like the quotes too, especially the scene set up in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good. I loved how it started out and now wonder how it's all going to end. How this family is going to heal. Or maybe move on. It's an emotional book but so good.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Sounds beautifully written!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. There is a lot going on but it's very easy to follow. Told from the wife, husband and daughter's POVs. Their stories are sad and happy.
      Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Wow, this sounds like a super emotional and heart-wrenching book. It sounds like it'd be great! Hope you enjoy your reading.

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. It's also so good. It has ups and downs and right now I took a bit of a break because it was making me cry to hard to see. lol
      Reading is the best with emotions.

      Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. This has been very popular at my library. It's sounds very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was excellent. A sad story but with a lot going on. Easy to follow. I have my review posted too if you would like to read it. This book was so good. I loved everything about it.
      Thank you for stopping by and have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  7. It does sound like a touching story. I am glad you enjoyed it! I will have to check it out. I hope you have a great weekend, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very touching. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I hope you have a great weekend also.
      Thank you for stopping by..

      Delete

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week ************ Warning:  Mailbox Mon...