Friday, March 12, 2021

Book Beginnings Friday and Friday's 56%

 

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My book beginning: 

Prologue
Wednesday, November 23, 1927
Thanksgiving Eve
8:42Am
Week before last, Cold shooed warmth into a wish and a memory, then rattled tree limbs to leaflessness with one gnarly hand, while gripping the earth with the other.


56%:

Friday, November 25, 1927
8:30p.m.
Fiona keeps her eyes closed and her breathing slow and even to simulate napping. She lies as still as possible, but her heart pounds as the door squeaks open and George's heavy footfalls come nearer. The bed dips as George sits down at her feet.


12 comments:

  1. Ooh, this one sounds intense! I love the name of Fiona, BTW. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does to me too. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

      Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I get that feeling also. I'm just starting this one but wanted to use it for this.
      Thank you for stopping by.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. The Stills looks pretty interesting. I wonder why she's pretending to be asleep. It kind of gives an ominous feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know yet but I do know that in the beginning she does not like him very much. He's kind of a bully. Maybe that is why. Or maybe something else. lol
      Thank you for stopping by.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a gripping read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just getting started with it. It is good so far.

      Thanks for stopping by.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. That definitely makes me want to know what's coming!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good so far.
      I'll be posting a review by day after tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. This sounds good! I am glad you are enjoying it so far. I will have to look for it. Have a great weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      You have a great weekend also.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...