Friday, March 5, 2021

Book Beginnings Friday and Friday's 56%

 

 Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My book beginning:

PROLOGUE
JUDE
1962
Jude's earliest memory was of the day his sister was born, as if becoming a big brother made his brain decide it needed to start keeping track for the long run. As if a promise made at four was meant to be honored forever.


56%:
"Because you'd have questions, and I don't have the answers." He spread his hands to show her how empty they were. "I promise you that once we know what the heck is going on with your mother, we will tell you-all of you. We're not in the business of keeping secrets."


4 comments:

  1. I really like the design of that cover. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very nice cover. The book did fall a bit short for me though. Review is now posted.

      You have a great weekend also.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it might be a great story! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most that have read it really loved it. I wasn't quite as happy with it as I thought I would be.

      Have a great weekend too.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...