Saturday, December 19, 2020

Book Beginnings Friday & The Friday 56!

 

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My Book Beginning:

I was FOURTEEN THE FIRST TIME I CAME UPON LUCI QUICK ON A STARK late-December afternoon that smelled of woodsmoke and pine needles. Atlas, my dog, was also fourteen. However, in the unfairness of things, he was already an old man.

 

MY 56%:

"No, no, it's not that." Touched at her honesty, I allowed myself the same generosity. "I'm embarrassed by how we might appear to you. Not the other way around."


This book is a historical fiction. Tess Thompson is such a good author. You will LOVE this book!




5 comments:

  1. I love the cover and I am pulled into the story! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very beautiful. Tess Thompson is a very good author.
      This book is very good.

      You have a happy weekend also.
      Stay safe!

      Delete
  2. I want to read this! I haven't tried anything by Tess Thompson yet, but this one is on my wish list. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good. I love all of her books but this is now my favorite.

      You have a great week also!

      Delete

Granite Harbor by Peter Nichols

  My Thoughts I've had a lot of firsts this year. First time reads that is. Another new to me author that I will be looking out for. Thi...