Friday, November 6, 2020

Book Beginnings on Fridays 11-6-20

 


Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My book beginnings: 

PART 1:

PROLOGUE

She watched. THAT was her gift. To disappear into the black, sink into the shadows behind and between.


From 56%:

"He's busy, can't always get here, you know," said Ray the firefighter, expansive with sarcasm. He had a heat attack last year but bounced back: now he had egg whites-smothered in cheese, with a side of bacon.


4 comments:

  1. I recently read and loved this book. Enjoy! Here's mine: “FINDING MRS. FORD”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your review of this book. It was excellent.
      I’ve been having a hard time concentrating on reading with the election results.
      I’ll check out yours now.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read this one. It sounds so good! I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good. I've been having a bit of trouble concentrating due to the news. Makes it hard to read. But this book is excellent.

      Thank you so much for stopping by.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete

A Court Of Mist And Fury-Audio by Sarah J. Maas (Parts One & Two)

  My thoughts I listened to both audios. Parts 1 and 2 in graphic audio. They may very well have ruined regular audio for me. It was amazing...