Friday, November 13, 2020

Book Beginnings/The Friday 56 11/13/20

 


Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My book beginnings: 

Queens, 1965

The bolt slid back from the latch easily, but the doors were rusted shut.


From 56%:

On a Tuesday night, Agnes found a needle in Leo's desk next to a brand-new notebook with only his name written in the shaky pencil on the front.

I'm just starting this book today. It sounds like a good one. 





6 comments:

  1. What a lovely cover! The second excerpt you shared especially has me curious. That doesn't sound like a good situation! I hope you are enjoying this one, Linda. I imagine it will be an emotional read. Have a great weekend and stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just starting this one today. I also love the cover.
      I think this one may be a tearjerker. Time for me to get my eyes cleaned out I suppose. lol
      My review will be posted in a couple of days.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda,

    I do like the sound of this one, although as this is a new to me author, I checked out her Goodreads page, and I actually quite like the sound of her other book 'A Lily In the Light', a bit more I think!

    Oh What the heck! I'll add them both to my wish list. just in case!

    Thanks for sharing, enjoy the read and have a peaceful and safe weekend :)

    Yvonne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved A LILLY IN THE LIGHT. It is what led me to request this one.
    I hope you enjoy them both.
    I starting this one today.

    Thank you so much for the comment and for stopping by and you have a great and safe weekend also. Keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am intrigued by the excerpts...and love the title, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's very good.

      Thank you for stopping by.
      Have a happy reading weekend!

      Delete

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...