Thursday, November 19, 2020

Book beginnings on Friday. 11/19/20

 


Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My book beginnings: 

The lake seemed like an impossible ocean. Though it was nestled in the hollows of the northern mountains just as Mallory Dent had expected, its endless expanse was nearly beyond her understanding. 


From 56%:

She smoothed her simple black dress over her hips, looked at herself in the mirror, and told herself to let go of the past. Both Graham and Cynthia were gone.


This was such a good book. One I highly recommend!



6 comments:

  1. I love the opening -- sounds like a perfect setting for a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. This book was so good. I enjoyed it very much.
      I do highly recommend it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This is really a very good book. I read and reviewed it.

      I'll check yours.
      Thanks for stopping by! Stay safe!

      Delete
  3. I love that opening. I wish I was there overlooking the lake right now, as long as no bodies wash up, that is. Loss Lake sounds like a great read. I am glad you enjoyed it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I would want to be near this lake. lol I love lakes though.
      It is a very good read. Thanks so much.
      You have a great weekend also! Happy Reading.

      Delete

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...