Friday, November 6, 2020

Book Beginnings on Fridays 11-6-20

 


Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My book beginnings: 

PART 1:

PROLOGUE

She watched. THAT was her gift. To disappear into the black, sink into the shadows behind and between.


From 56%:

"He's busy, can't always get here, you know," said Ray the firefighter, expansive with sarcasm. He had a heat attack last year but bounced back: now he had egg whites-smothered in cheese, with a side of bacon.


4 comments:

  1. I recently read and loved this book. Enjoy! Here's mine: “FINDING MRS. FORD”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your review of this book. It was excellent.
      I’ve been having a hard time concentrating on reading with the election results.
      I’ll check out yours now.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read this one. It sounds so good! I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good. I've been having a bit of trouble concentrating due to the news. Makes it hard to read. But this book is excellent.

      Thank you so much for stopping by.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete

The Wretched Divine by Adalyn Grace

  My thoughts First I have to say that this book is a first by this author for me. It will not be the last. OMG this book.... It will be in ...