Wednesday, October 14, 2020

THEY NEVER LEARN by Layne Fargo

 


This is my first Layne Fargo book and will definitely not be my last. It was so good. A page turner that will keep you wondering why. What drove this woman to become a serial killer. 

Dr Scarlett is one tough woman. A very likable woman who has worked very hard to get where she is. She's also gone through a few things that will make you love her dearly. At least I did. I think she may possibly be my favorite female character ever. 

Carly is a freshman just starting out with her life. She has a horrible father who it seems loves to treat her and her mother like they are less than human. He's the kind of man that we love to hate. He's also a cheat. But mostly he treats his daughter with so much disdain and coolness it's sickening. And you barely meet the man. Carly is very smart. She's also very shy and when she meets her roommate, Allison, she feels intimidated. Allison is very outgoing and the complete opposite of Carly. Carly and Allison become pretty good friends for a while. Carly is there for Allison when the unspeakable happens to her. She's there for her in many ways. 

Scarlett is a professor at Gorman University. She is a hard working woman, never married and no children. She's very dedicated to what she does. She's a strong female who a lot of males feel threatened by. They are somewhat intimidated by her in many ways. She's trying for position at the Women's Academy for a fellowship program. She's worked very hard for it. For some man to step in and try to take this away is unthinkable. To try and steal what she has worked so hard for, impossible. 

The bodies are stacking up. But no one knows until one goes off the rails. Not a clean kill at all. But hopefully it will be hidden in the aftermath. I promise you will root for the killer in this book. I sure did. I never wanted her to be caught ever. I love how the author weaved Dr Scarlett and Carly into this story. Each chapter is told from one or the other of their POVs. They are woven together is a great way and you will love it. This book held a few surprises for me but overall it's not really a who did it. It's one where you know right up front who did what. There are a couple of twists along the way though.

This was a very good book. I honestly enjoyed it from start to finish. One you won't want to put down.

Thank you #NetGalley, #LayneFargo, #GalleryBooks for this ARC. This is my own review. My honest feelings.

5/5 stars and a job well done. I recommend this one to all thriller loving readers.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review, thanks for sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was a very good book.

    Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

A Court Of Mist And Fury-Audio by Sarah J. Maas (Parts One & Two)

  My thoughts I listened to both audios. Parts 1 and 2 in graphic audio. They may very well have ruined regular audio for me. It was amazing...