Friday, October 16, 2020

Book Beginnings Fridays 10/16/20

 


Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My book beginnings: 


PAISLEY VALLEY HOSPITAL
 PRESENT TIME: 3:30 a.m.

Everyone lies: the doctors who say I'm safe, the nurses who promise I'm protected, the police who swear to find my abuser.
Everyone is lying - to themselves, to me.

From 56%:

PAIGE

My eyes burn as I stare at the computer screen, scrolling through emails, notes, recordings, files I'd kept that are tagged with Bryan Powers. I'd spent the morning sequestered in one of the workrooms, answering question after question, feeling like I had to justify myself and my actions.

I'm lucky to be in Steena's Holmes's reading group and received a copy of this. I love her books and just started this one today. I know it's going to be great. I honestly have no doubt. 

Full Review when I finish.

3 comments:

  1. You are lucky to be in the group. The beginning is very powerful.
    I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read over half the book today. My eyes are so blurry from crying. It's very good. I agree that I am very lucky to be in her group. I love her thriller books best.
    Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds exciting, although it might be pretty intense if it's about abuse.

    ReplyDelete

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...