Thursday, October 22, 2020

AFTER ALL I'VE DONE by Mina Hardy

 



This was my first book by this author and I truly did enjoy it. It was very fast paced and full of many twists. The only problem I had was that I figured out who the bad person was. I do that but always hate it. It takes away a bit. Though I have to admit there were some parts that floored me. 

Quotes from this book: 
1) The accident didn't kill me, but I'm not sure how I'm going to survive it.
2) "My best friend is sleeping with my husband."
3) "Infidelity does not have to be the end of a marriage." Dr Levitt says this solemnly. I frown. "Maybe not, but it sure is the end of a friendship."
4) Letting someone die is not the same as killing him.

This is a very crazy book. I mean that in a good way but still crazy. It's filled with lots of crazy things, twists, turns and people. I actually did not connect with any of the characters. I wanted to but they were all a bit selfish and even though some were suppose to be the best of friends they sure were selfish. 

Diana and Valerie have been best friends since fourth grade. They are as close as sisters and made a vow to always be there for each other over anyone else. No one would ever come between them. Yet it seems that somehow someone did. Diana's husband, Jonathan. Valerie was not suppose to fall in love with him. Yet she did. 
I didn't like Diana or Valerie. Both were very selfish. Both were very self centered and seemed to only care about themselves. They did care about each other so that was something. Until they didn't. 

Harriet, Jonathan's mother, what a piece of work. She was  suppose to be Diana's friend even though she was also her mother in law. She did after all make it easy for her son and Diana to fall in love and get married. But she had a few secrets of her own. Wait until you find out what they are. They will make your blood run cold. 

Jonathan, Diana's husband is also a very selfish person. He's a controlling, secretive person who thinks all things revolve around him. He's a liar, a cheat, a manipulative, coward. I didn't like him at all. He lies at the drop of a hat. He has some secrets of his own. Yet it seems someone knows them. What will become of his perfect little world when all if found out. When he finally has to face the truth?

Cole, I really wanted to like him. He seemed so nice and caring. He seemed to be a lot of things. But in the end I'm afraid I only found him to be a liar also. Maybe if he would have been honest from the start things could have been different. Maybe things could have worked. Or not.

This was honestly a very fast paced story that kept me turning the pages and wanting to find out more. It had lots of things going on. Told from Diana, Val and Cole's POV. Each with their own agenda. I have to say that the very ending of this book left me a bit baffled. Unless I missed one tiny thing. Maybe I will go back and reread that last chapter. It will hold your attention for sure. You will want to find out what exactly is going on and who did what to whom and who is the worst of these people. At least I did.

Thank you to #NetGalley, #MinaHardy, #CrookedLaneBooks, #AfterAllI'veDone for this ARC. This is my review in my own words.

4/5 stars and I do recommend it. It's so worth reading.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you and I did fix the error. LOL I just had too!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a clever thriller, thanks for sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very good one. Sure kept me on my toes. I did figure out one major part but it was still so worth reading.
      You are welcome and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...