Monday, October 5, 2020

A BORROWED LIFE by Kerry Anne King

 


This was just what I needed right now. A great book that made me laugh out loud many times. Of course it also made me cry, get angry and want to strangle a certain person or persons. But overall it was the perfect read for me right now. Kerry Anne King is such an amazing author.

This is one book that will make you feel many emotions. I laughed so hard at Liz and Val and most of the church ladies. Liz and Val are the best of friends and the antics they get into are priceless. The things that Val does to help Liz cope during the loss of Thomas. Thomas is Val's husband and I very much disliked that man. He's the preacher in the town and died of a heart attack. You'll learn a lot about him and it's not good.

Abigail is Liz's daughter. Another person that I couldn't stand. She was very childish and overbearing and down right ugly to her mother. And that she called her "mother" made my skin crawl. The way she said it. The condescending way she treated her mom after the loss of Thomas. She was just picking up basically where Thomas stopped when he dropped dead. She took it upon herself to be the ruler of the house and dictate what her mom could and could not do. I really did not like her.

Lance.. I loved him up to a point. After I heard his story I got over my dislike for him and was a huge fan. He's wonderful and scared and it's so understandable after hearing his story. He's got a lot of patience, I have to give him that. At least later in the story he does. At first he is very sexy and will make you love him. Then he turns into a first rate jerk and you will hate him. But he's ok. He really is.

This story will grab ahold of you and pull you in hard and fast. It's so good. It's the best of it's kind I have read. I usually read thrillers. This book has so many feels to it. It makes you feel like you are right there. From the community play to the countryside. When Liz decides to take back her life you will most certainly root for her. I sure did. I said to myself many times, "you go girl." Have the life you've been denied for twenty-six years. Get out and enjoy. Have fun. Get to know YOU!

This is such a good book. You will treasure each part of this story. From the very beginning to the last page. Throw in a few tears of joy and it's really a perfect book.

Thank you #NetGalley, #LakeUnion, #KerryAnneKing, #ABorrowedLife for this ARC. This is my own true thoughts about this book.

5/5 stars and a very high recommendation! A must read.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Ok putting it on my TBR list 🤦‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is very good. You would love it.

      Thank you for stopping by and for the follow.
      I appreciate it so much.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was a very good book.
      You would like it.

      Thanks for stopping by and for all of your help!

      Delete
  4. Going to see if the library has it.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. It's a great book.
      I hope you can get it.

      Delete
  5. Sounds good, lots of emotion in it and people to like and to dislike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book was very good and very emotional. I like her books a lot.
      Thank you for the lovely comment.
      Have a great week!

      Delete

The Stranger at Black Lake by Christina McDonald

  My thoughts A prequel to the Jess Lambert series by this author. This one is filled with lots of action, suspense, thrills, and murder. It...