Friday, October 2, 2020

Book Beginnings Friday

 


My book beginnings: 


Thomas is snoring.
Which means there's a problem with his CPAP, which means that I, as the dutiful wife in this equation, should gently shake him awake lest he suffer brain damage from oxygen deprivation.

From 56%:  

"It's amazing the way the boys help in the kitchen, " I say as they close the dishwasher, hang up the dish towels, and head for the mudroom.

She laughs. "I figure since I spend as much time outside working as the men do, then they can spend as much time inside doing housework as I do. Already raised and launched my own, and I am not going to feed and clean up after Gil and his crew. You read, Lance?"
 

This book is by one of my favorite authors, Kerry Anne King. It's an ARC via NetGalley and I'll post a full review when I finish. 

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan for the boys who will become men!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.
    This is a good author.

    Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds good, Linda.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is very good. I've read almost half the book today. It's been making me laugh out loud.

      Thank you for the comment!

      Delete
    2. GREAT...laughing is always good.

      Delete
  4. Truly a funny beginning. The next section you shared is not only true, but good to hear someone standing up for herself in the home. Laughing is good for the soul, I always say. I've followed your blog. Thanks for stopping by Adventures in Writing. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate the follow.
      This book is really very good.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  5. I think I've read something from this author before. I'll admit I'm a bit annoyed by this one though - all humans should clean up after themselves, instead of waiting for their women to do it ;) Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This author is very good.
      This is a very good book actually. It just has the scene where her children are helping. They have been taught to help. It’s not about having to make someone do anything.
      Thank you for the comment.

      Delete

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...