Tuesday, September 29, 2020

THREE PERFECT LIARS by Heidi Perks

 


This book moved very slowly for me. I tried very hard to love it like others do but it seemed to fall a bit short for me. The one thing that I dislike so much about books is transcripts between chapters and this one had them. They play an important role in the story but still, I don't like reading them. I would rather they just be in the book like the rest of the story. Not a conversation between the DI and person of interest. That said, this book was not as good to me as I had hoped it would be.

We have Laura, Mia, Jane and Jane's husband Harry. Laura went on maternity leave and had hired Mia to be a temp until she returned. But when she returned Mia was still working and was hired full time. Given a job that belonged to Laura too. A huge account and it left Laura a bit upset. It would have anyone. 

Jane gave up her career for her husband. Moved and became a full time wife and mum. She's a bit resentful towards Harry. She has a lot of secrets that will come to light. 

Mia, conniving, Mia. Who is she and what exactly does she want? Why did she take this job in the first place. I didn't like her and rightfully so it seems. Actually it was hard to like any of these characters. They were selfish in many ways, except when things were done that needed to be done for a very good reason. You will have to read this one to find that out though. I won't give anything away.

There's a fire at Morris and Wood. Someone is in the building. You will be trying to figure out who started this fire and why. What motive did they have and was murder at the top of their list? You'll hear from several people about what led up to this night. Different POVs and timelines. Transcripts from employees as taken by the DI. You'll think you figured out who did it and you may. I won't say it's impossible because it's not.

This story would have been such a good one if not for the transcripts that I personally hate to see in books. I know it's most likely just me and others love it. I won't in any way say don't read this one because you may love it where I didn't. It definitely was not the worse book I've read but it was by far not the best. It was just ok! 

Thank you to #NetGalley, #HeidiPerks, #GalleryBooks for this arc. These are my own true thoughts.

I give it a 3/5 stars and recommend you read it for yourself and decide what you think. I will read more by this author. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought so too. Though I was a bit disappointed in the book as a whole it did have some great thrills and a surprise ending.
      Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...