Wednesday, September 9, 2020

SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE by Lauren Clark

 


I've read and loved so many of Lauren Clark's book. Also her suspense books under Laura McNeill and loved them. She's a great author of many genres.

This is a quick read that will keep you turning the pages. It's easily read in one day and is a light read. A happy and somewhat emotional read. The story of a love that was lost. A boy and a girl who tried to move on without each other.

Amber works hard at an advertising agency. Something she was always meant to do. She has a life and many friends. Her best friend Becca and her work together. When she is expecting someone from All Star, Inc to arrive she has a horrible panic attack. Something she tends to suffer from. She had to grow up fast early on after losing both her parents. She raised her younger brother, Quinn, on her own and managed to finish college, buy a house and make a good life. When a man from her past comes in she has all kinds of mixed emotions. She also has a horrible panic attack and passes out. From there she can only go up. Or so you would think.

Seems like in Kurt's presence, Amber, becomes very clumsy. But to be fair he is responsible for some of the accidents. They had dated years before. Kurt was the love of her life but things got in the way and they went their separate ways. Now after all this time he's back and they are face to face.

Will love prevail? Will they get any closure? Will they get back together? This is truly a good book. It made me laugh out loud a few times. Shed a couple of tears and feel like dancing in parts. You'll have to read it to understand the dancing part. It's a great story that will lift your spirit in many ways.

I'm looking forward to the next book in this series, The Longshot, Becca's story out now and only .99 cents.

Thank you to #Camellia Press, #LaurenClark for this wonderful story. 

I had to give it a big 5/5 stars and I do highly recommend this book. It's was a joy to read.

2 comments:

  1. Linda - Thank you so much <3 I really appreciate you reading and think you will like Books 2 & 3 even MORE! Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I will. This one was great.
    Thank you for the gift. I thought I bought the 2nd book but it was a preorder for book 3..
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...