Saturday, September 12, 2020

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY 9-11-20

 


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

 ***************

My book beginnings is from NO PLACE TO FAR by Kay Bratt

"Is that a search-and-rescue dog?" the old man asked, his eyes on Woodrow. He'd been staring at them for a good ten minutes before he finally spit out what he wanted to say.



7 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is. I love her books. They are not thrillers but I do love her work. She writes more Women's Fiction with a touch of romance thrown in.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,

    I have quite eclectic tastes in my reading choices, with the exception fantasy and science fiction, so this one sounds right up my street. I always like to check out the author when theirs is a new name to me and see what else they have written. Kay has led such an interesting life and I spent longer than I probably should have, over at her website!

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy the book when it gets to the top of your TBR pile :)

    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good. I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay Bratt is a very good author. I love her books.

      Thank you for stopping by and stay safe.

      Delete

Blackbird(Hart's Ridge #9) by Kay Bratt

  My thoughts Each Hart's Ridge book is better than the last. They are all wonderful and touching and sad. All have many feels going on....