Sunday, April 18, 2021

THE RESTARTING POINT by Marci Bolden

 

SYNOPSIS:

Marketing executive and mother of two, Jade Kelly can now add cancer survivor to her list of successes. But while her life looks good on paper, four months out of treatment, Jade realizes she hardly knows her college-age children and she and her husband Nick are little more than housemates.

Determined to start over, Jade schedules a family vacation to a lakefront cabin. When her kids bail and Nick stays home to handle a last minute work crisis, Jade heads to Chammont Point alone, determined to dust herself off and figure out what to do with the rest of her life.

While she’s away, the life she thought she had unravels. Secrets, lies, and old wounds drive Jade into new adventures and new relationships. With the help of family and new found friends, Jade learns starting over sometimes means finding a brand new restarting point.

MY THOUGHTS: 

I absolutely adore Marci Bolden's books. Her writing style always makes me smile. Or weep. This book was another great and I look forward to the next one. 

This book has a cast of characters that you will love. With one exception. One I detested immensely. Even though he stayed and helped Jade get through the toughest time in her life I just did not like Nick at all. He was basically a very big coward in my book. He was untrustworthy and a jerk. But he did stay and help Jade when she needed him most.

Jade, Darby, and Taylor all become friends on Chammont Point. A quiet lake hideaway that Jade escapes to after getting over cancer treatments. You will love these characters no doubt about it. They are all a messed up group of women who are there for each other after only knowing each other a mere week. Friends can be made fast at times. You don't always have to know people for years. You don't have to always grow up with someone for them to be a best friend. 

Then there is Liam. I totally love Liam. To me he was sincere, funny, serious and just an all around good guy. No ones lover or serious relationship partner, just a friend who was there if you needed him. I'm still hoping that him and Jade start seeing each other romantically. I think they would be great together. 

Darby was my favorite character in this book. She reminds me of the blonde, big bosom, woman that played on Two Broke Girls. Her name escaped me now but if you ever watched the show you would know who I am talking about. Darby is so full of life. She doesn't care at all what people think about her. She lives life. She absorbs life. She's just great. The best thing that happens to Jade. 

Taylor is also very likable but in a different more serious way. She's a great friend but at times comes across as harsh. Together though these three women make a great friendship. Like they just belong. 

This book has all the feels. Laughter abundant. Tears of course. Friendships forever. Anger at some. Love in many. A huge secret that sets this one in motion. It's an all around breath of fresh air. It was just what I needed. 

Thank you to #NetGalley, #MarciBolden, #PinkSandPress for this ARC. This is my own true feelings about this book. 

5/5 stars and I highly recommend it. It's great!
This book releases 4/27


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. You always make me feel better about these reviews. This book was so good. You would love it I think.

      Delete
  2. The story and characters sound great...except for Nick, of course. In a book I love, there is always at least one character that is annoying and perhaps even evil.

    I must add this author's books to my list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick is a jerk. I didn't like him at all.
      This author writes some very good books. Some will make you weep though. Still good.
      Have a great week!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...