Friday, April 23, 2021

Book Beginnings Friday and Friday's 56%

 

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My Beginning:

Thirteen-year old Ebby Engstrom wanted to die as he rode his bike home in the cold December night, his thighs on fire as he pedaled faster and faster. His lungs burned, but the pain caused by the physical exertion was an instant panacea to his broken heart. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't shake the image of Mary Beth slow dancing with a seventeen-year-old high school student. Granted she was drunk - Ebby had the vomit stains on his new sweatshirt to prove it - but even that knowledge didn't take away the pain. 

56%
She read one of the pages, comparing it to the computer screen. Satisfied, she set the page aside and picked up her wine glass. "This cookbook is really good, Ebs. The instructions are easy to follow, and the recipes are similar to the ones you serve at the restaurant. Tell me again what your agent said." 


2 comments:

  1. I love how this one sounds!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good. I finished it and posted a review.
      Thank you and have a HAPPY WEEKEND also.

      Delete

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...