Friday, April 9, 2021

Book Beginnings Friday and Friday's 56%

 

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

MY BOOK BEGINNING:
At thirty minutes past eight o'clock, red and blue strobe lights lit up the sky outside Grace Francone's modest Cape house with the frenzy of a fireworks display.


56% 
Mitch waited in the therapy room, his iPhone camera ready for recording, and used the time between appointments to study the picture Chloe had made.


12 comments:

  1. I love the sound and look of this one! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very good book.
      Thank you also.

      Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  2. The Perfect Daughter sounds interesting! I enjoy a good domestic thriller from time to time and will have to check this out. I'm always a little leery though when authors use multi-personality disorder/disassociative disorder as a plot device. It's such a misunderstood mental illness. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this one is really good. I haven't figured out who did it yet and by now I usually have a very good idea if not positive.
      You have a great weekend also.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hmm...not sure those two quotes gave me enough to make a good decision if I'd read on or not. My Friday quotes from THE GREATEST MIRACLE IN THE WORLD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a full review for it by tomorrow, maybe later tonight. It's very good.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. The quotes don't reveal much, but I like them. This seems like a great book. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading it now and didn't want to give away anything. I felt that these were really perfect for this book. Maybe I should have written more.

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. This one has got me intrigued!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...