Friday, April 2, 2021

Book Beginnings Friday and Friday's 56%

 


Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

MY BOOK BEGINNING:
prologue
July 18, 2000
"The dead have nothing to fear," Lexie said.

56%
So Lexie entered the water in complete darkness that final time. Slipping out of her shorts and T-shirt, leaving them on the edge where Diane and the police and paramedics found them the next day.


6 comments:

  1. Both of your excerpts are enticing. The opening is such a true and final statement and the 56% quote sent a shiver down my spine. Poor Lexie.

    I have heard great things about Jennifer McMahon's books but haven't read anything by her yet. I hope you are enjoying The Drowning Kind.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it a lot. I'm not sure if I have read anything by her or not before. I need to check. I read so much it's hard to keep up sometimes.

      Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend also.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a read for me! Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking it.
      Happy Easter weekend to you also!

      Delete

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...