Friday, February 26, 2021

Book Beginnings Friday and Friday's 56% 2/26/21

 

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader

The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My Book Beginning:
THE KNIFE BURROWED INTO my side with a most thwump.
I looked down, confused. The blade was buried so deep that the hand holding it was pressed almost flat against my stomach. 
My pulse hammered against the steel.

56%
"My tummy hurt this morning but I'm better now. Grandma made me some soup, and it was yummy. I have these things in my mouth that hurt, though."


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's great. I'm will finish it later and write a review.
      I can say that I recommend it.
      Thank you for stopping by.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Just based on the cover and the beginning, I'm in! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed this author's work before and was very excited about this one. It's great.
      I will have a full review up later this evening.
      I hope you read and enjoy this one also.
      Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. That opening is a great hook. This sounds like a heartwrenching novel. The lengths a desperate mother will go to...i am glad you liked this one,Linda. I will have to look for it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good and in parts very sad. This book made me cry in lots of places. Some I expected and some I didn't.
      I hope you get a chance to read it. I should put the Amazon links on the reviews.
      You have a great weekend also.
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

The Paris Novel by Ruth Reichl

  My thoughts This book is not at all what I was hoping for. It's was a first for me by this author and I'm so disappointed.  Parts ...