Sunday, February 14, 2021

HADLEY AND GRACE by Suzanne Redfearn

 


The author of In an Instant delivers a heart-pounding and emotional roller-coaster ride of self-discovery in the tradition of Thelma and Louise.

Needing to escape her abusive marriage, Hadley flees with her two kids, knowing it might be her only chance. A woman who can’t even kill a spider, Hadley soon finds herself pushed to the limits as she fights to protect her family.

Grace, new mother of baby Miles, desperately wants to put her rough past behind her for good, but she finds it impossible when her path crosses with Hadley’s, and her quest for a new start quickly spirals out of control and turns into a terrifying flight for survival.

Stronger together than apart, the two find their fates inextricably entwined, and as the danger closes in, each must decide how much she is willing to risk for the other.

A powerful story of self-discovery, Hadley and Grace is the heart-racing tale of two women facing insurmountable odds, racing to stay one step ahead of the trouble that is chasing them, and discovering new kinds of love and family along the way.


MY THOUGHTS: 
The first book I read by this author was In An Instant and it was wonderful. I loved it. Now I've read this one and thought I was going to be disappointed. I thought it's too much like Thelma and Louise. I almost stopped reading it when that tie in hit me. I was not in the mood for a story based on that. But... this is a great story. It's a pager turner and in parts a real tearjerker. It made me laugh in a few places and get very angry in some. So lots of emotions. Yes, it's very good. A tense yet sweet story.

Hadley is in a horrible marriage and wants out. She wants better for their daughter and the nephew she's been raising for four years. He's a special needs child and so full of love. He also loves baseball and uses that in many ways. Hadley gets a chance finally to escape her abusive marriage when her sister decides she wants her child back. 

Grace is married and has a new baby. Her husband is a soldier with a horrible gambling addiction. When she finds they are completely broke again she can't take it anymore and packs up the baby and leaves. She loves her husband but does not want this kind of life any longer. Not for herself or the baby.

When Hadley and Grace cross paths things start to go crazy. They have to team up and from then on things are never the same for either. With their children in tow they hit the road. One to escape her abuser and the other to escape a gambler. Little do they know what all they are going to have to go through and do to get the life they so richly deserve.

This book takes you on a road trip that you won't soon forget. While it's really a beautiful story it's also a sad one. Things that happen will make you wonder at times if it is worth it. They meet some pretty nice people and some not so nice. This book does NOT have a lot of vulgar language in it as I read in another review. It does not contain explicit sex scenes and it's really just an all around good story. It's a heartfelt story about two women who want what's best for their families. There is also a FBI agent I really liked. Actually two of them. But that you'll have to read about for yourself.

Thank you to #NetGalley, #SuzanneRedfearn, #lakeunionpublisher for this ARC. This is my own true thoughts about this book.

5/5 stars and I do recommend you read this one. It's very good!


2 comments:

  1. I have this one waiting for me on my Kindle...and now I can't wait to start reading it! Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy. It's good.
      Thank you for the comment.
      Have a great week!

      Delete

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...