Sunday, July 7, 2019

THE INGREDIENTS OF US by Jennifer Gold

This book started out making me cry and I pretty much cried all the way through. As much as I truly hate cheating in a marriage I started feeling bad for Tom. I felt super bad for Elle, but I just felt like Tom got lost. There were things he wanted so bad yet could never seem to have. Family being one and the most important one for him. Elle loves Tom even more than baking. He’s the love of her life and always will be. He told a few lies along the way but I still felt for him. My heart broke for this couple actually. The recipes do sound so very good and I may even try a few of them as I love baking. But spending all of your time working can ruin a marriage in many ways. Not that I put this on Elle by any means. They both had troubles. They both were hurting in ways that only reading this book will explain so you understand.

This is the first book by this author and it gives me strong hope for even more. I was hooked from the very first. The love story and the way it jumped around made it perfect. The way she incorporated recipes to explain some things was perfect. Even the saddest parts were done to perfection.

The characters are perfect. The settings are perfect. It’s just an all around wonderful and heartbreaking story of true love. Love lost. Recipes that will make your mouth water and your tummy growl. I absolutely loved this book and could not put it down even with company from Mexico here.

Thank you so much #NetGalley and #Lake Union Publishers for this sweet story of heartache and love.

I had to give it 5 stars. I highly recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens To Me by Ales Finlay

  My thoughts Alex Finlay is one of my favorite authors. This book to me was one of his best. I've enjoyed a few and though I did see wh...