Tuesday, July 23, 2019

CRESCENDO by Julie Perkins and Allen Cheney

CRESCENDO by Julie Perkins Cantrell and Allen Cheney

I started this book with no expectations. I’ve never been big into biographies and thought, ok let’s give this one a try and see. I was absolutely, completely, emotionally, physically, mentally, lovingly, blown away. From the first to the very last word, including all the letters and all the thanks at the end. This is a book everyone I know needs to read. A huge must on your TBR list.

This book was an emotional rollercoaster that takes you on a ride you possibly won’t ever forget. The story of Fred and Winnie. Fred who came from a horrific and dirt poor place filled with hurt and shame, to rise up and do great things. Winnie, the love of his life from a well to do family filled with love and laughter. Together they are unstoppable, wonderful, powerful, but also just down to earth people who love greatly, gently, emotionally and fully.

Fred had many problems but with Winnie by his side he was able to achieve things he never thought possible. Through some nightmares that he had put away, pushed down so deeply he had all but forgotten them, to when he pushed Winnie and Allison away. Coming back together stronger than ever and with so much love you will believe with all your heart that anything can be achieved in life if you try hard enough and have someone, maybe lots of someone’s, helping hold you up along the way. Through odds there were definitely not on his side Fred did the things he truly wanted to do in his life. Through fame and then humbleness he accomplished things he never thought he could.

This book touches on things that will make you hold your breathe, cringe in places and cry those big ugly tears that cleanse your soul. It will take you on a journey that will lift your spirit and make you believe in life again in a whole new light. It’s absolutely the most beautiful book I have ever read in my whole life and I have read lots and lots. This one touched me in ways no other book ever has. Because it really happened it is even more special. It’s not exactly written like most biographies that I have tried to read. It’s a story with ups and downs. Written by Fred Allen’s grandson and that makes it even that much more special.

I honestly have no words that will truly express how much this book, this beautiful story, touched my soul, my heart, my mind and my most secret feelings about life. It’s just a great book and told in ways that you won’t want to put it down.

I have to thank #NetGalley, #Thomas Nelson for this wonderful copy. This review is my own feelings and thoughts. Straight from my heart.

A huge, big, wonderful 5 stars and worth so many more. I most highly recommend this book to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens To Me by Ales Finlay

  My thoughts Alex Finlay is one of my favorite authors. This book to me was one of his best. I've enjoyed a few and though I did see wh...