Wednesday, July 10, 2019

LAST SUMMER by Kerry Lonsdale

LAST SUMMER by Kerry Lonsdale

I love this author. Her books always blow me away. They take my breathe away and leave me wanting more. Her writing is flawless in my opinion. The stories always pull me in and won’t let go. Even after I finish the book I want more. The edge of my seat feeling. The what is going to happen next. The trust. Honesty and even the lies. It pulls me in totally and it will you also.

Ella and Damien are so in love that it’s almost sickening. Not in a gross or bad way but in the way of complete and true love. Or is it? Are there secrets in there that they are keeping. The met and fell in love rather quickly so do they truly know each other as well as they think?

What would you do to have a baby? What would yo do if you lost said baby? Would you be angry at your spouse for possibly causing you to lose this child. What if you can’t remember it at all. Not anything about being pregnant or what happened to make you lose your baby. You can’t grieve because you have no memories of it at all.

What if you thought you was in love with someone else? What if that person was not who you thought they were? What if your whole life was based on guilt? From losing your parents to losing your best friend. What if you felt that king of guilt. What would you do to forget about it. To make it all go away? Almost anything I would suspect. But then what if your life was based on things that were not honestly true? Then what would you do?

This is one of the best books you will read. It will keep you turning the pages until every question is answered. Until that very last page when you scratch your head and say.... What??? Did I read that right? It’s a great book. I truly loved it from cover to cover. It held my interest all the way. I kept wanting more and more.

The characters are likable. They are well developed and you won’t know who to root for in some areas. It’s one that makes you doubt things you always believed in. Or it did me. The what if’s will come after all the truths are out there for you. When you find out why things happened and who made them happen. You’ll be floored. I sure was. Kerry Lonsdale has another winner here and I can’t wait for her next one.

A 5+ stars.

Thank you to #NetGalley and #Lake Union Publishers for the ARC of this wonderful book.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this books also. Have read a lot of her books and she never disappoints. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

If Something Happens To Me by Ales Finlay

  My thoughts Alex Finlay is one of my favorite authors. This book to me was one of his best. I've enjoyed a few and though I did see wh...