Thursday, July 4, 2019

EVERYTHING WE GIVE by Kerry Lonsdale

This book was the perfect ending to the Everything series by Kerry Lonsdale.

It’s a very emotional story and started with the first book, Everything We Keep. It will take you to far away places and the many ups and downs in this story will keep you turning pages until the very last one. So many tears will be shed so have lots of kleenex handy. You will need them I assure you.

Ian is one man you will truly love. I cried with him and for him so many times. He sure went through a lot in his life. As a child and an adult. From his mother’s illness to his dad’s neglect you will root for this child and young man to have it all. All the happiness he deserves. With his wife, Aimee and his daughter Caty, by his side he can’t possibly go wrong.

He learns things about himself that he couldn’t as a child. He took so much responsibility on his young shoulders that it is a wonder he didn’t break. He had so many ups and downs and twists that no child should ever have to endure. But he became a strong man. A loving husband and a wonderful dad. I fell totally in love with Ian.

I felt so bad for what his mother went through. I had tons of empathy for her. Anyone who went through what she did is bound to have problems. She truly loved her husband and son but could not be the kind of person she wanted to be due to circumstances beyond her control.

This book had wonderful characters. Was beautifully told and was rich with love, tears and happiness. I loved it from start to finish. I was reading when I was suppose to be making potato salad. I just wanted to find out what happened next. It’s a wonderful yet sad and then again happy story of a boy who grows up to be a strong man. A family man with enough love to forgive anything.

A huge 5 stars from me.

Thank you to #NetGalley and #Lake Union for the ARC of this awesome book.

I highly recommend it. Just have lots of kleenex handy. I promise you will need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens To Me by Ales Finlay

  My thoughts Alex Finlay is one of my favorite authors. This book to me was one of his best. I've enjoyed a few and though I did see wh...