Sunday, September 26, 2021

HIS LOVING WIFE by Miranda Smith

 

I would do anything to protect my family. It’s my fault they’re in danger…

Our vacation house is beautiful. With its pastel-blue walls, the swimming pool outside, the boardwalk stretching down to the shore. My children play in the waves and my husband grills burgers on the deck. It is so peaceful.

But I can’t relax. When I drive to the store, or stroll down the beach, I am always looking over my shoulder, my heart racing. I am looking for him.

The man who nearly destroyed everything, a year ago, because of the secrets I kept.

I swear I didn’t do anything wrong. But no matter how hard my husband tries to pretend, we both know it’s not over.

This vacation was meant to be a chance to heal. Instead, I think it might break us. Because my husband still doesn’t trust me… and I’m not sure I can trust myself.

An absolutely compelling psychological thriller that will make you question how well you know those around you—and how safe you ever are. Fans of The Girl on the TrainBehind Closed Doors and Gillian Flynn will be completely hooked by His Loving Wife.

MY THOUGHTS

This was one of those books that just made me hold my breath in so many parts. One that completely surprised me. I did not see it coming. I never guessed. I didn't figure it out. That is a good thing too. Usually I come close if I don't actually get it. 

When Kate and Andrew take their two children, Noah and Willow, on vacation little do they know how much their lives will be changed. After the trauma they went through a year ago from a home invasion they deserve time away to regroup. To get back to what matters most. Each other! But can they truly put it behind them? Can they move forward and be the family they were before? 

This book goes from when the break in happened to after the break in. From when this family's lives were turned upside down. From a horrible act to what should have been a relaxing time to get back what was lost that night. After a few secrets come out though can it ever be the same?

Kate is a wonderful mother. A wonderful person. She would do anything for her children and she certainly did the night of the invasion. The night that left them all terrorized. The night a man broke in and threatened Noah and Willow. Kate was strong enough to stand and fight. She didn't have a choice in her mind. I admired her. I liked her. Her kids are typical. A boy who is just a wholesome kind caring kid. A teen who can be moody and stuck on her phone all the time but still a good kid. A husband who to me left a lot to be desired. I just didn't like him for a lot time in this book. After I did some serious crying though he did grow on me. 

I thought this book was well written. It had the things that I love in a book. A few chuckles. A lot of edge of your seat. A few questions of what the.... And some tears. It held my attention from the beginning all the way to the end. I'm still shaking my head at that ending. It was so unexpected. I honestly didn't see that coming. 

This book is about more than just this family's home invasion. It's also about a few murders that come about. It's about a group that may or may not be involved. A group that is there to help men basically. Help them cope with things when they feel they may have let their family down. There is a lot going on in this book but it's also very easy to keep straight. I truly did enjoy this rollercoaster ride. From start to dramatic finish.

Thank you #NetGalley, #MirandaSmith, #Bookouture for this ARC. This is my own true feelings about this book.

I gave it 5/5 stars because it deserved it. To me. I highly recommend it. 


7 comments:

  1. AWESOME review, Linda.

    Your reviews are always SO good...you get the reader of your reviews super interested but you don't reveal all the good stuff or give anything away. :)

    Amazing reviewer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Now I definitely must read this one.

    I find that I often dislike the husbands in these stories, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      You will most likely really hate him in this one then. lol But for a different reason than usual.

      Delete
  3. Great review !! Another one to add to my tbr pile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it. It's very good and keeps you guessing. Keeps you wondering too.

      Delete

Listen For The Lie by Amy Tintera

  My thoughts This was probably the most aggravating book I've read in like forever. It was interesting but a bit on the dramatic side a...