Friday, June 19, 2020

PERFECTLY FAMOUS by Emily Liebert

I’m a bit on the fence about the ending of this book. I truly enjoyed the whole story from start to finish but the very end left me a little confused. Maybe it’s going to have a sequel? Overall though this is an excellent book. It will hold your interest and keep you turning the pages. You will want to find out what happened and who killed Ward’s daughter, Stevie. Was it a stranger or someone she knew? All is answered but the ending has a twist that surprised me.

Bree is a newly divorced woman who has a good relationship with her ex and a rocky one with her teenaged daughter. I did not like the daughter, Chloe. I found her to be a spoiled, smart mouthed brat who needed some serious discipline. I liked the ex though he could be a bit of a jerk too. Overall I think Bree was very likable though. She got a job and went after what she truly wanted. She was strong and resilient and did not give up when things got tough. Her infatuation with Ward was a tiny bit strange but in hindsight understandable. Also it was what the whole story is based on so a big must. I liked Bree..

Ward lost her daughter to in a horrific way. For anyone to expect her to get over it in just six short months was not realistic in any way. It would truly take years if not a lifetime to get over something so horrible. Losing a child is the ultimate loss. The ultimate pain. You don’t just get back to your normal life after such a terrible thing. She lost her ability to write again and that is understandable. She became a bit obsessive and that is understandable. I liked her very much and felt so horrible for her loss. I think even her mother expected to much from her, until I got to know her anyway. I kind of understand her more and her reasons for some of the things she said.

I liked Bree’s best friend, Maggie, until she went ape over Chloe influencing her daughter to do something she shouldn’t have done. The reason I thought Maggie acted like a jerk was the way she treated Bree. Maggie was the one who should have apologized to Bree. She was in charge of Bree’s daughter and knew where Bree was and why. She acted like a jerk in my opinion.

Then there are the men in this story. Some you will like a lot and others you will wonder about. Or I did. I liked Scott. Bree and him were seeing each other and I rooted for them to make a go of it. I had many doubts about Evan and I didn’t like Alex. Alex just didn’t feel right to me after some things were said about his character. Daniel I liked. He may have been tough but he did run a newspaper so had to be.

This book is well written even though the ending still has me scratching my head. The characters are well written and most are very likable. The storyline will keep you interested and make you want to know what happens next. The truth will blow your mind. Overall I really did enjoy this book.

Thank you to #EmilyLeibert for this copy of this book.

I gave it 4 stars. I do recommend it to anyone who likes a great mystery. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens To Me by Ales Finlay

  My thoughts Alex Finlay is one of my favorite authors. This book to me was one of his best. I've enjoyed a few and though I did see wh...