Saturday, June 6, 2020

TANGLED IN IVY by Ashley Farley

I love Ashley Farley’s books. This one is now my favorite of hers. It’s a quick read that will captivate you from the very first page to the very sweet ending.

Lillian and Layla are twins. But they are not your typical twins. They have almost nothing in common and seem to never get along at all. Lillian is more quiet and down to earth while Layla is a bit loud and outgoing. Lillian is more into books and painting and seems to have way more feeling that Layla. Layla is a typical narcissist person.

Lillian took care of Graham, the twins dad, until he took his very last breath. Layla arrives shortly after he passes away. Then the battles begin.

This is a very quick read and one that will keep you wanting more. It’s told from Lillian and Graham’s POVs. While Lillian tells what is going on in the here and now, Graham is telling about his life with the love of his life, Ivy. He has written a book for his daughter’s to read and boy what a story it is. While I pretty much guessed the two huge things going on in this book it is still so good. I think maybe it was not really meant to be a true secret what is revealed in this story, to the readers that is. Maybe it is and maybe not. Needless to say it’s the best book I have read by this author and I’ve loved several of hers.

This is the story of sisters. Not close, be there for each other sisters, but sisters none the less. It’s also the story of Graham and Ivy. Ivy was a very complicated woman and I personally didn’t like her very much. I didn’t approve of some of the things Graham did either but it’s what made the story what it is. Ivy was a spoiled woman and didn’t seem to care who she hurt when she got something in her head that she wanted. Graham was a good guy with a few bad flaws. He did love Ivy though and I believe she loved him in her own way also. Another that I didn’t like was Alice. Alice was Ivy’s best friend from a very young age. Alice and Ivy were both spoiled little rich girls and didn’t seem to care who they hurt in the process of getting what they wanted. But again this book needed their antics to make it the great book it was. You will learn to love or hate these two women. I didn’t like them very much at all. But they were who they were.

It’s hard to say much about this book because you can easily give something away and I hate spoilers. I’ll suffice it to say this is a wonderful story of love, loss, happiness, sadness, heartache and even a few laughs. It’s the story of a family and many secrets. It’s a story that will make you shed tears. Make you hold your breath and make you want to smack someone. It’s a great story and one that you won’t be able to put down.

Thank you to #NetGalley, #AshleyFarley, #Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA)

A 5 star book for sure. I highly recommend this book to you all..

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds intriguing and like a very good page turner! Thank you for sharing about it Linda. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful book. You are very welcome.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

  My thoughts This is my favorite of the ACOTAR books. It gave me more emotion and feels. It's Nesta's story. A raw look at a very m...