Thursday, June 25, 2020

LAST ONE TO LIE by J.M. Winchester

I’D KILLED TWO PEOPLE AT TWELVE YEARS OLD, BUT NEVER IN MY LIFE HAD I WANTED TO STAB AGAIN UNTIL THAT MOMENT.
That is one sentence in this twisted, page turning, crazy to the bone, thriller. It will take you places that you never thought about or wanted to think about going.

This is really a good book if you like thrillers as much as I do. The only problem I had with it was I did figure out one of the main parts way to soon. To me it was so obvious. But still, it’s a pager turning book.

Told from two and sometimes three points of view and a couple of timelines. One is from the victim. One from the detective. It’s like reading two stories in one also. The detective, Paul Ryan, wants to get to the bottom of what happened to Kelsey’s child and what happened to his sister 15 years before. Could Kelsey possibly know what happened in both instances or is she an innocent victim in all that happens in this story. Will she get her daughter back and have the life she has always wanted. Is her husband lying about things or is something more cynical going on. This book will take you on the biggest ride of your life. You will keep reading to find out who is who, who did what and why things happened that way. Just when you think you have it figured out another twist is thrown in. You will want someone to find closure and someone to pay for things that happen. But at what cost.

Thank you #NetGalley, #J.M.Winchester, #Thomas&Mercer for this ARC. I was in no way compensated for this review. It is my own.

I gave it 4 stars and a huge recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

  My thoughts This is my favorite of the ACOTAR books. It gave me more emotion and feels. It's Nesta's story. A raw look at a very m...