Friday, June 12, 2020

SISTER DEAR by Hannah Mary McKinnon

WOW, just WOW!! This is the best book yet by Hannah Mary McKinnon. It has it all. From the very first word to the dramatic ending you will be immersed into this story of love, loss, family, envy, sadness, danger... Well done Ms McKinnon. Very well done indeed!

This is the story of two sisters. One very privileged and the other very poor. While Eleanor is taking care of her dying father she finds out that he is not her true biological father. But he has always been there for her and she loves him with all her heart. After his death she finds out who her biological dad is and she sets out to meet him. He of course wants nothing to do with her. She then devises a way to get to know her half sister, Victoria. Eleanor’s mother is an awful woman who has never ever been kind to her in any way. Nor has her other sister, Amy. They are two of a kind. Users who only think of themselves. I truly detested Sylvia, Eleanor’s mother. She was such a horrible, terrible human being. She treated Eleanor like she was nothing.

Victoria was born rich. She’s the child Eleanor’s biological father raised. The one he loved. The only one he wanted anything to do with. Victoria has her own company. A rich husband and the kind of life she well deserves. Or does she. Does she really deserve anything? That is a hard one. Getting to know her was all Eleanor wanted. She devised a way to befriend Victoria and they did become the best of friends. Eleanor designed a web sight for Victoria and for Hugh too. Victoria seem to truly like Eleanor. Of course she didn’t know that Eleanor was in fact her half sister.

This book is going to blow you away. I did not see this coming in any way, shape for fashion. I would have not believed it had I not read it for myself. It was so well crafted. Well written. It took my breath away. I love when a story truly gets me. When it comes as a complete shock. This book has an ending that honestly will leave you breathless. In some ways I hope there will be a sequel, but in others I loved the way it ended. It did end by the way. The one time it seems evil may have won. It just may have.

The characters in this story are so well written. So rich and realistic. You will love them and love to hate a few. This is a story of family but family at their worse in many ways. The love of a family sure. The love between a man and woman also. The love of a woman for her half sister. All she wanted was a family that accepted her for who she was.

Thank you #NetGalley, #HannahMaryMcKinnon, #HARLEQUIN – Trade Publishing (U.S. & Canada)
MIRA. This is my own review as I see it.

A big fat 5 star read for me and the highest recommendation ever. Best McKinnon book yet!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds very intriguing and like a very good page turner! Thank you so very much for sharing about it. Have a Great weekend. Stay safe and take care. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It is a very good book. You have a great weekend and stay safe also.

    ReplyDelete

If Something Happens To Me by Ales Finlay

  My thoughts Alex Finlay is one of my favorite authors. This book to me was one of his best. I've enjoyed a few and though I did see wh...