Sunday, November 10, 2019

HEART THIEF by Taylor Dean

I’m always happy to read a book by Taylor Dean. Her books are so uplifting and filled with love. She has a writing style that keeps you wanting more. This book is no exception. It’s so good you won’t want to stop reading.

“It’s you, Mila, you. You’re the love of my life, the one I want to marry, the one I wnat to have children with. I know you think your life is over, but you once told me you had another dream besides the piano. And I want to give you that dream. A houseful of children, made by me and you.”
(I love this)

Mila had two dreams. One playing the piano and the other having a family. A man to love and many children.

Take a man and woman who may be in love. What if everything you think you know about him is based on lies? What if it’s some cruel kind of joke? Can you forgive a man who treats you like you are more his property than his girlfriend? The love of his life? This is what I see in Ryker and Mila’s relationship. He’s more of a mama’s boy who thinks he has to have Mila no matter what. But is he right for her?

Along comes Zane and Mila loses her heart for real. At least she thinks so. He’s the exact opposite of his brother, Ryker. He knows humor, he loves to dance, he knows what love is and he knows how to show it. Or is he too just after the girl because his brother has her? Can Zane be to good to be true?

These are a few of the decisions Mila has to figure out. Through many ups and downs she is torn. What she thinks is true may not be. These brothers are so messed up. So torn apart. They have been lied to for most of their lives by the ones that should have loved them unconditionally.

Love can be such a wonderful thing. The things that go along with it can be also and will be if it’s the right person. I completely understand why Mila could not stay with Ryker. He seemed so cold and calculated and serious all the time. He was not with her completely. His heart was just not there. Yet he didn’t want his brother to be with her. These brothers have so much to overcome. Many years of confusion and bitterness between them. Is Mila the prize or is she truly for one of them?

Taylor Dean outdid herself with this book. I loved it so much. As with all of her books there is a lot going on. Love, laughter, seriousness, tears, lots of tears at times, a cruel stepmother in this one and two half brothers who could have had such a good life together. Been there for each other to the end. Maybe, just maybe, it’s not to late.

This is a 5 star book from and I highly recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Paris Novel by Ruth Reichl

  My thoughts This book is not at all what I was hoping for. It's was a first for me by this author and I'm so disappointed.  Parts ...