Wednesday, November 27, 2019

A LIGHT IN THE HALLWAY by Amanda Prowse

Amanda Prowse writes books that take your heart on a journey. This was a very sad story of love and loss. When Nick’s wife dies he has to figure out a way to make a life for him and their son Oliver. Oliver is 18 and getting ready to leave for university. That means Nick will be alone and he doesn’t know if he can do alone. Kerry was his wife since they were 17 years old.

Nick has a lot on his plate with in-laws, friends, a job, a son who is leaving and a special someone that may help him over this hurdle in life. Though to me four and a half months is not enough time for grieving this story is not about my life. It’s about Nick’s and his wife was sick for a long time. Can he possibly find love and happiness with someone else. Can Oliver accept another woman so soon after the loss of his mother? Oliver is a great kid and makes his dad very proud. He doesn’t want to accept Beverly at first and tends to run to his Auntie Di way to much but he’s pretty level headed so things may work out ok.

I have read a few of this author’s books and truly loved them so much. While this one was by far not my favorite it was very good. It has all the feels in it, laughter, tears, heartache, but it was a bit long to me. In some places I found myself wanting it to move on already. But overall it truly is a good story. It was well written. The characters were likable and the two storylines were great. One being Nick as a kid and the other Nick as a grown up. The things he went through during 1992 then jumping to after he is grown and what he goes through losing his wife. It was done beautifully. I enjoyed reading the antics of the young boys and what all they did and went through. The true friendships that led them into adulthood. Nick is very likable and so are his friends and family.

I have to thank #NetGalley, #AmandaProwse for this book. This is my own review.

I gave it 4 stars and recommend it to all. Be prepared for a very good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heart Like Home by Christine Nolfi

  My thoughts Way to go Christine. All of your books are wonderful but this is the best one yet. It's not just an emotional story it als...