Thursday, November 7, 2019

DAISY’S FORTUNE, by Susan Gabriel

This is the third book in the Wildflower Trilogy. First came The Secret Sense of Wildflower and was Louisa May’s(Wildflower) story. Second was her daughter’s, Lily’s Song and then this one. The perfect ending to one of the best series I’ve have read. The whole series will have you feeling things you may not expect. From laughter to tears. Lots of tears though. Innocence lost, family found. Each person, Wildflower, Lily and Daisy were thirteen in their stories. They each had things to overcome but also had a love that defied the odds.

(My thoughts are like a wheel stuck in the mud that keep turning and digging itself deeper.
“For years I though it was my fault. But what I’ve learned from my fifty years of living is that sometimes bad things happen, and you didn’t do a single thing to deserve it or bring it on.”
All we need is one person willing to hold us. One person who will see our shame and love us anyway. Perhaps even love us more.
In many ways, Daisy’s fortune has been my fortune, too.) From this book these are some of my favorite lines.

This book will touch your heart is so many ways. The innocence of a child. The wonder of life. The courage of the elderly. The love that you feel do deeply between the three people in this story and series. It’s a deep love that no one can destroy. Learning to trust that you will be ok. You will survive the worse things that can possibly happen to you. The loss of family. The secret sense that lets you continue to hear their voices. Know that they loved you so very much.

This book definitely made me shed lots of tears but it also made me feel calm. I could picture the mountains, the trails, the people. Even the ones you sat in judgement of others. A friend who is not and never was truly a friend at all. A stranger who came and made a home there but was not the evil person you fear him to be. The beautiful flowers everywhere. Even the peace you feel in the cemetery finally. It’s told with such depth and love. You don’t mess with a mother’s protective side when she would do anything for her child. You step back and let it go.

This book made me look at growing old in a different way also. All the memories you have. The things you did in your life. The regrets and the wonders. The family you have and will see again someday. Maybe.

This book takes you to a place where things are much simpler and love abounds. Not just the love of a man and woman but the love of a family. The love of three generations of women who would and did do all they could for each other. Overcame such horrible things in life and came out much stronger.

I enjoyed this book as much as the other two and maybe just a bit more. I loved all the characters in this one with the exception of one woman. She was not nice at all. This book is so well written and the time frame is perfect for it. The setting, the descriptions are so realistic. You will feel right at home.

I give this book 5 stars and highly recommend it. But be sure and read the first two so you will completely understand what this one is saying. This is truly a perfect series.

1 comment:

The Paris Novel by Ruth Reichl

  My thoughts This book is not at all what I was hoping for. It's was a first for me by this author and I'm so disappointed.  Parts ...