Wednesday, September 28, 2022

THE CHILD BETWEEN US by Alison Ragsdale

 

My beautiful girl, you are my missing piece. You came into my life and changed everything, placing your warm little hand in mine, and looking up at me with your sky-blue eyes, so full of hope. Little did we know what lay ahead, but for a while at least, we had each other…

When I first met you, darling 
Marina, you were just five years old. You took my breath away, with your long, dark waves and pink cheeks. You needed me, and I instantly knew I’d do anything to protect you. When six years ago, my heart was shattered, I was left utterly broken – but I didn’t know just how lost I was until you filled that hole in my heart.

You quickly became the centre of my world, your sweet laugh my favourite sound.
 But then things started to change… I put my pain down to work stress, but when the diagnosis came through it was worse than I could ever have imagined.

Our world is about to come crashing down around us, little one, and I don’t know how to stop it. I’ve finally discovered the truth behind the betrayal that rocked me to my core all those years ago. The pain of my past could be the one thing that saves us – or tears us apart. We’re just becoming a family, Marina, should I risk everything to trust the one person who hurt me? They could be your only hope.

We only have each other… But if I don’t make it, what will happen to you?

The Child Between Us is a heart-wrenching story about an impossible choice and what it really means to be a mother. Readers who love Kate Hewitt, Jodi Picoult and Diane Chamberlain will be utterly gripped.

Author Bio

A former marketing executive, originally from Edinburgh, Alison now lives near Washington D.C. with her husband and dog. She was educated in England and holds an MBA from Leicester University.

For more information on upcoming books go to www.alisonragsdale.com.

 

SOCIAL MEDIA

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authoralisonragsdale

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/AlisonRagsdale









MY THOUGHTS

Alison Ragsdale certainly knows how to write a very emotional book. This one had me weeping almost from the start.

This is the story of twins Sadie and Cassie and Sadie's daughter, Marina. Sadie had left almost six years prior and no one had any idea where she was or anything about her. Then Cassie finds out where she is and her life takes a complete turn. Cassie is devastated but also very capable and very much wants to be part of her niece, Marina's life.

This is certainly a very emotional story of deep loss and deep love. It's filled with lots of hope and sadness. But it's told in a way that keeps you turning the pages and rooting for Cassie and someone to end up together. Cassie has Marina and promises to never leave her. They are making a happy life even through some very deep sadness. Marina has so much on her plate as a young five year old but Cassie is determined to keep her feeling safe and loved.

Things take a turn though and there is nothing Cassie can do. Reading this book made me hold my breath in several places. Hoping all would be great. Everyone would be ok. The couple would end up together and Marina would always feel safe and loved. Then I turned the page... I actually had big tears rolling down my face. I was devastated. I felt so sad and horrible for these people.

I'll never understand how authors can write these books and not weep themselves. Or I wonder if these things or something like it happened to them or someone they know. This book is a tearjerker and it's so good too. It has quite a few giggles in it too. You can imagine Marina giggling in places. Also weeping in places. You will love all of the characters in this book with the exception of one. But I also have to say that at least he was honest. That counted.

This book is great. Very sad. But great.

Thank you #NetGalley, #AlisonRagsdale, #Bookouture for this ARC. This is my own true thoughts about this book.

5 huge stars and I recommend you read it. Have lots of kleenex handy though. You will need them.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...