Thursday, May 19, 2022

MAKE ME DISAPPEAR by Jessica Payne

 

By the time I realized the truth about Daniel it was too late. But the truth about me? He never saw that coming…

Dr Daniel Ashcroft was perfect: handsome, romantic, protective. I thought I was so lucky.

But then I heard the rumors about his previous girlfriend, that she had vanished without a trace.
That’s when I found the cameras in my apartment.

I was trapped. Daniel made it clear I couldn’t leave him, not without risking everyone I loved. I had to disappear, so 
I arranged my own kidnapping.

I should have known Daniel would never let me get away that easily. But he could never have predicted what I’d do next…

Make Me Disappear is a brilliantly twisty psychological thriller guaranteed to keep you up all night. Fans of The Wife Between UsGone Girl and The Couple Next Door will find it impossible to put down.

MY THOUGHTS

This is Jessica Payne's debut novel and one you don't want to miss. It's a page turner for sure.

A woman and man dating. A nurse and doctor to be more clear. Noelle is a well loved nurse who is in a relationship with a well respected doctor Daniel Ashcroft. Daniel wants to ask Noelle to marry him. He wants them to start a life together. The perfect life. Give his mother grandchildren. Make a home. But something is not quite right with their relationship. He's a bit too controlling. He keeps very close tabs on Noelle. Knows everything she does. She already knows how he is doing these things but he has no idea. Noelle needs to get away. Far away. He's already "lost" two girlfriends. One missing and one who managed to get away. 

While Noelle does go to a bit of an extreme to escape it's understandable under the circumstances. She has to disappear and never be seen again or he could very well kill someone she loves. The only family she has left. Her cousin Kari. Could Daniel be so cruel as to take away her cousin. Could he have been involved in her aunts death. The best thing is for Noelle to fake a kidnapping and never be heard from again. But things will take a turn. A turn that she did not see coming. 

This book is told from Noelle and Daniel's perspectives. Each tells what is happening and what did happen. Daniel only wants her back. He only wants them to have a life together. To make his mother happy by giving her a grandchild. Who is Dr Daniel Ashcroft exactly. What is he truly capable of. Is he truly a cold blooded man who will do anything to get what he wants. Or is he being set up. 

This is a great story. A little over the top in places but still keeps you on edge in a few places. Quite a few places. You will want to like characters that you can't figure out. You will despise some. In the end you will probably hate a couple of them. I sure did. I also didn't much like the cousin. She was swayed way too easy for the person you meet at first. I did figure out who was behind it all but I usually do. It did not take away from the book at all. 

I think Jessica Payne has done a splendid job with this book and I look forward to more. This being a debut only leaves room for even better. At least I hope. This one is truly good. It's a page turner.

Thank you #NetGalley, #JessicaPayne, #Bookouture for this ARC. This is my own true feelings about this book.

4/5 stars and I recommend it highly.


2 comments:

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...