Monday, July 27, 2020

THE VACATION by T.M. Logan

To me this was a very good book. I didn’t really find it slow at all. There were parts that could have seemed like it was dragging but to me it just added info to a story where things were not at all what they seemed and that info would definitely play out later in the book. I honestly loved this thriller.

Kate, Jennifer, Rowan and Izzy were best friends. They use to get together each year for a girls weekend. Over time with jobs and family that stopped so Rowan found a place for them all and their families to get together for a whole week for a vacation. It was suppose to be all fun and relaxation. But there were things going on that made it much more. Much more than a typical vacation.

Kate was married to a man she trusted with all her heart. She is the one telling the main part of this story and who feels like she has so much to lose. She honestly believes her husband is having an affair with one of her three best friends. But which one? Who would betray her in such a horrible way? Would Sean really do such a thing. They have two children. Lucy and Daniel. I absolutely loved Daniel. I think he is the sweetest child I have read about in a good long time. But he is easily fooled into doing things that could put him in danger. He just wants to be one of the boys. Lucy has a few secrets of her own that make this vacation one that won’t soon be forgotten.

Jennifer has two teenage boys and is married to Alastair. Jennifer will do anything to protect her sons. She does not see the things they do that everyone else sees. Her perfect angels are really by far not perfect. But will she really do anything? What about their dad? Does she feel the same about him? Will he do anything for them too?

Rowan, married to Russ and mother to Odette. She stands to loose quite a bit if anything is not just perfect. Odette is one spoiled rotten child and at times I thought she needed a switch to her back side.

Last is Izzy. Izzy has a lot going on but also knows a lot about things that are going on while on this vacation. She seems to be very smart about figuring things out and getting to the bottom of things. She’s the only single one in this group and has been best friends with Sean since they were mere babies. But would she betray her friend by cheating with her husband?

What really happened while on vacation. What could cause four women, best friends for over half their lives, to become so angry with each other. Is one of them really having an affair with the other ones husband or is it much more than that?

This book kept me turning the pages for sure. I wanted to know what was going on. I wanted to find out who was the one betraying her best friend. Just when I thought I had it all figured out another twist would come out. Toward the end there are lots of twists and the trills will leave you breathless. Absolutely shocking twists. I loved it.

Thank you to #NetGalley, #TMLogan, #StMartin’sPress for this ARC. This is my own true review.

I had to give it a big 5 stars because I was fooled. I did not see some of the twists coming. A big recommendation too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

  My thoughts This is my favorite of the ACOTAR books. It gave me more emotion and feels. It's Nesta's story. A raw look at a very m...