Saturday, July 11, 2020

THE SAFE PLACE by Anna Downes

This is a new to me author. Her debut novel and it’s a good one. This book pulled me in and kept me turning the pages. From the start it held my attention. Wanting to know what happened next and why any of it was happening was the pull for me. I loved it. I have to admit I truly loved this book and look forward to more by this author.

Told from two different voices, Emily and Scott, this book is about some deep emotions. About a family and what they will go through for their child.

Emily’s life is really messed up. She doesn’t have anything, no job, no money and soon no place to live, when Scott offers her the chance of a lifetime. She embarks on a new adventure that will change her life forever. She will meet Scott’s wife and daughter and become a part of their lives in ways she never knew possible. A place that is far from ordinary and is most beautiful. She’s to help in many ways and just be a part of the everyday life. It’s perfect for her. Until it’s not.

Scott thinks Emily is the perfect person to help his wife and hires her as a housekeeper, grounds keeper of sorts, to care for their child, help with animals, redoing the guest house and anything that needs to be done. He goes through a lot to get her to accept the position and she is so very grateful. Until she’s not.

This book is so good. It’s setting is a beautiful place that you can visualize. The people that you meet are both good and not so good. But you will like them and you will have mixed emotions about what is happening. You will feel like you are right there through this whole story. From the edge of your seat thrills to the touching feelings of a mother’s love. It’s a roller coaster of a ride for sure. It had me turning pages at a fast rate. I wanted to know who did what and why. One thing I did figure out but mostly I was wrong on most of what I thought was going to happen. This author did a fantastic job of writing this book to keep you on the edge of your seat and wanting more. I applaud her for that.

It’s honestly a very good book. I could picture so many of the scenes as they played out. How they would look if it was a movie. That is what it felt like, a movie. Only in book form that had me holding my breath at each turn.

Thank you #NetGalley, #AnnaDownes, #StMartin’sPress Minotaur for this ARC. This is my own review.

I gave it 5 stars and a huge recommendation to anyone that likes a good thriller.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing. Have the book. Must read next. Thanks Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. It is amazing. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It’s really good.

      Delete

A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

  My thoughts This is my favorite of the ACOTAR books. It gave me more emotion and feels. It's Nesta's story. A raw look at a very m...