Thursday, July 2, 2020

NO ONE SAW by Beverly Long

 I read TEN DAYS GONE by this same author and loved it. This is another very good book also. It’s not as intense or as full of thrills but it will grab ahold of you and not let go. It will touch your heart.

A five year old child goes missing from a daycare and everyone in the town is searching. Everyone wants to know how a child can just vanish from plain sight. Who could or would do such a thing. It takes a monster to put parents through such horrors. Though I did guess who did it and with whom except for one out of the three. One was only mentioned near the end so it would have been impossible to guess that. But the other two were pretty much a given in my opinion. But still, this book will keep you turning pages. It will make you want to know for certain and want to know WHY.. Why would anyone do such a thing.

The detectives in this story did a great job. They left no stone unturned. From far and wide they searched. Talked to people of interest. Found people that you would never think of. They worked hard even while going through problems in their personal lives that were hard. I was introduced to them in the first book and now in this one.

This book was well written and had many likable characters. Even the villains were likable although you will despise them in the end. It’s not really an edge of your seat thriller until the ending but still it’s a great story. A mystery to be solved. The descriptions were great and some of the names were ones that will give you a chuckle. You will have to read it to know what I mean there.

I look forward to more by this author. She knows how to weave a story that will have you in tears, holding your breath and praying for a happy ending.

Thank you to #NetGalley, #BeverlyLong, #HARLEQUIN for this ARC. This is my own review. I was in no way compensated for it.

I gave it 4 stars and highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

  My thoughts This is my favorite of the ACOTAR books. It gave me more emotion and feels. It's Nesta's story. A raw look at a very m...