Sunday, January 12, 2020

THE MAN SHE MARRIED by Alison James

Going to your grave with no name or memorial is surely the ultimate human failure.
That is from this book. The one sentence that in my opinion sums up a lot of this story.

This is my first book by Alison James and it won’t be my last.

It’s a thriller and mystery in one. One that will pull you in and keep you turning the pages until the end. This book really blew me away. You will know right from the start who the bad person is in this story but you won’t know all the details of what he is. He has lots of secrets going on and it’s our job to unravel them. This book made me cringe so many times. From murder to disappearance. From so many lies to possible truths. From before to now. You will not want to put this book down until you find out everything. I truly enjoyed trying to figure out what was going to happen next. It sure kept me on edge in lots of places and some things I did not see coming. The ending was spectacular in my opinion.

The characters of this book are likable. Some more than others of course. You’ll meet a man who in my opinion has no conscience in many ways but he still surprised in that he had some kind of feelings for the main character. But he is still a horrible person. Exactly who is this man? You will see a few sides to him and not like almost any of them. Like I said there is one time that I kind of liked him. Maybe liked that he had a tiny bit of feelings toward one person. Just the tiniest of feelings though.

You’ll read Alice’s story, from now and then. She has a lot to tell you and you will want to know what she has to say. Then you will get Ben’s story. Ben is who Alice fell in love with and married. But is Ben who he claims to be?  Only a short part of this book, in part 1 you will hear his story and know something about him. The rest, the first, second and third parts are all Alice’s story and boy does she have a story to tell.

A huge thank you to #NetGalley, #Bookouture, #alisonjames for the eARC of this book. This is my own personal review.

I give it 4.5 stars and a high recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summers At The Saint by Mary Kay Andrews

  My thoughts I can't believe this is the first Mary Kay Andrews book I have read. I've seen several and even own two besides this o...