Wednesday, January 8, 2020

LIES THAT BIND by Ashley Farley

This is by far my favorite Ashley Farley book. I’ve loved and enjoyed several but this one is best in my opinion. It touches on so many things. From happiness, abuse, alcoholism, death, identity stealing, rape, disappearances, unexpected pregnancy and even in my opinion taking advantage of a person who is drinking and taking something. It has a lot going on but easy to follow.

This book starts out strong and keeps building until you find out everything you could possibly want to know about each character. It’s told from Maggie, Reese and Eva’s points of view. Things that are going on in all of their lives. The death of Eva’s husband and subsequent disappearance of her daughter set her on the road to almost self destruct while also running a business. Maggie leaving her family to follow the man she marries across the country to start a new life only to find things are not as they always appear. What will become of her. Reese, the daughter who has gone missing. Eva’s daughter. Her story was one that truly captivated me from the start and held me to the very end. I think she was possibly my favorite character. She sure had a lot going on in her days. What became of her?

This book has wonderful characters. The scenes make you feel like you are there with each person. From the beginning to the terror that Eva has to go through it will hold you. It’s told in a way that you just don’t want to let go. You want to know what happens and what is going to happen. It even has a little bit of a thriller aspect to it.

Ashley Farley has definitely outdone herself with this book in my opinion. It’s great.

Thank you to #ashelyfarley for this ARC for my complete and honest review. This is my own opinion.

I gave it 5 stars and a high recommendation. It’s truly so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Underground Library by Jennifer Ryan

  My thoughts I can't believe this is my first book by this author. It was excellent. Very well written and researched. Based on a true ...