Thursday, January 23, 2020

A LIGHT LAST SEEN by Grace Greene

Children are born innocent. They are born with a light in them that us as adults can make shine brighter or put completely out. Some mothers don’t have what it takes to make the light brighter. Some only think of themselves. This is my description of the mother in this story.

Now for some of the things that truly stood out in this awesome book to me:
“Some choices are ours to make, and some are forced upon us. It’s what you do with those choices that turns them into opportunities.”
I felt like Jaynie again, the kid with dirty feet and tangled hair and a mother who thrived on drama. It was proof that no matter how hard you tried, no matter how far you lifted yourself up, or how long you sore that fresh new skin, you could never really shake the stink of where you started.
“One thing I’ve learned through my many mistakes and failures is that you have to come to terms with the past or you’ll never be free of it-you’ll never truly become who you’re meant to be.”
You can’t fix what’s broke with just a snap of the fingers. But you can fix it. The tools are all inside you. You can find them if you try.
Keep your light shining and you won’t get lost. Be true to yourself and you’ll be true in life and to everyone around you.

This is truly an inspirational story. It’s full of wisdom. Life lessons. Something for everyone in this one. The story of a childhood lost and found. A young girl, Jayne, who’s mother seems to not truly care about her as much as she should. Jayne befriends her neighbor, Ruth, and leans many valuable lessons along the way. Things that will help her later in life in ways she never truly expects.

There are a couple of mysteries in this story but all is answered. It’s full of wonderful characters and places. It’s a light hearted story that will leave you breathless and full of hope for everyone. This book touched my very heart in ways that I can never explain. I related to Jayne in many ways. Her childhood was a lot like mine. I do believe that Jayne’s mother had deep problems but that she deep down truly loved her daughter. I think when she lost her husband she lost a big part of herself and didn’t know how to get that back. That is no excuse for some of the things she did but it’s better than her just being a selfish woman who didn’t care at all. She never hit Jayne. She just took her for granted. Her and her brother Mitch. Mitch remembers when their mother truly laughed but Jayne never saw that side of her.

Jayne goes through a lot in her adult life also but she’s strong enough to walk away when she has too. She makes things work in her life. Ruth truly did give her the tools to be strong. I would like to think maybe her mother gave her some strength also.

This book will touch your heart for sure. It’s a great read. Grace Greene is a wonderful author and I have enjoyed several of her books. This one though is now my very favorite. It’s the most realistic story. It’s like stepping into the book and being a part of Jayne and Ruth as they sit around the fire and Ruth gives Jayne so much. Things that help her throughout her life.

Thank you to #GraceGreene for the eARC of this wonderful book. This is my own thoughts and review.

A HUGE 5 stars and a very high recommendation to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Paris Novel by Ruth Reichl

  My thoughts This book is not at all what I was hoping for. It's was a first for me by this author and I'm so disappointed.  Parts ...