Thursday, October 24, 2019

THE POISON GARDEN by A.J. Banner

From the time Elise gets home to the end of this book you will be on edge. Not know exactly what to believe or think. I had lots of theories about what was going to happen and what happened but the twists and turns in this book through me for a huge loop. I was way wrong about who did what to whom. Elise comes home to surprise her husband the day before their first wedding anniversary and she gets more surprises than she ever bargained for.

Some of the characters in this book I loved. I loved Elise and even Chantal finally. At first I thought Chantal was just a tramp who had no feelings at all for what her friend was going through. But she proved to be a very good friend and was there when it counted. She had her own sorrows and was able to finally come to “terms” with things that happened in her life.

This book will definitely keep you turning the pages until the very ending. The ending was done powerfully and oh so good. I loved all the things that happened to those that got what they deserved. I thought it was perfect justice. This book will pull you right in from the very beginning and will not let you go until the sweet ending. The ending is very sweet too. Right before the ending you find out why different things happened and who did what. I usually figure these things out but this book was a surprise to me. I loved that.

A. J. Banner is a wonderful author of thrillers. I’ve read a couple and always look forward to more. This one in my opinion is the best one yet. It’s definitely one that you won’t want to put down until the very last page.

Thank you to #NetGalley and #LakeUnionPublisher’s for this book. This review is mine and mine alone.

A huge 5 stars and highly recommend this book to everyone that loves a great thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Paris Novel by Ruth Reichl

  My thoughts This book is not at all what I was hoping for. It's was a first for me by this author and I'm so disappointed.  Parts ...