Monday, October 21, 2019

THE PATIENT by Steena Holmes

Not every woman deserves to be a mother. But every child deserves to be loved, to feel loved.

Children shouldn’t learn to hate their parents. When they do, it destroys their soul. It forces them to become someone they were never intended to be.

She wept at my stories, about how my mother would turn the other way when my stepfather tucked me into bed.
Excerpts from this book.....

This is a very complex psychological thriller. While I did figure it out early on it was one I had a very hard time putting down. I had to know who did what and why. It’s full of so much that if you are not careful you will get a bit lost. It has some parts that made my skin crawl. Children being abused both emotionally and sexually. Nothing explicit but it touches on that. It’s like the context of this story is about children and the parents who do not deserve them.

I thought every single character in this book was likable and they all felt so real. It was set in an Alice in Wonderland town and made you feel like you was there. I felt fear in so many places for the main character, Danielle Rycroft. It seemed like she put herself in so many scary situations. Not of her own making but from her lack of sleep then when she did sleep her sleep walking. It was very intense. Her best friend, Tami Sloan was right there for her through most everything. Tami was a cop investigating the murders.

There are several characters in this story. Each has a key part to play in how things turn out. You should like each one as they appear. The only person that I didn’t like at all was UNCLE!!

You will truly love this book. It will keep you one edge so much and every now and then maybe a tiny chuckle. Mostly it made me angry at the way some parents treated their children.

I think this may be one of Steena’s best books to date and I’m so hoping there is going to be a sequel. I need a sequel bad here.

Thank you #NetGalley #LakeUnionpublisers. This is my honest review of a very good edge of your seat thriller.

I gave this book 4 big stars. I recommend it highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Granite Harbor by Peter Nichols

  My Thoughts I've had a lot of firsts this year. First time reads that is. Another new to me author that I will be looking out for. Thi...