Saturday, April 6, 2024

She's Not Sorry by Mary Kubica

 

My thoughts

Another good one from Mary Kubica. I've read several of her books and enjoyed them. This one was good once you got beyond a certain point. It took a bit but when it took off it was edge of your seat thrills.

You meet Meghan working in the ICU of the hospital. She's a single woman and has one daughter. She's been divorced about a year and seems content with her life. She meets an old school friend in a support group though and they quickly hit it off again. Her friend Natalie is in an abusive relationship and Meghan is trying to help her. Meghan is also the on charge nurse for Caitlyn who is in a trauma care because of a suicide attempt that failed. She has so much wrong that it's hard to believe she even survived. 

You get to know all three of these women. How much they have in common and the things you'll learn along the way will keep you turning the pages. Once you hit around the 60% mark look out. A lot of things come to light then. Some that took my breath away and one I figured out. I was suspicious of who the person was that was terrifying women. Who was stalking and hurting them. I can't say I was completely shocked when it came out though. There are connections in this story that I saw coming but it was still a good one. It still made me want to keep reading to know what would come next and if anyone would be caught doing some of the things they did.

There are a few secrets revealed and one that will have you gasping. At least it did me. This book is very good. It has lots of things going on. It just took a bit to long to get there. There was too much in the beginning about Meghan and her job. I do understand why though. You have to know all about her to understand her. You have to learn all about each one of these women. There connection is there. 

Thank you #NetGalley, #MaryKubica, #Harlequin, for this ARC. This is my own true thoughts about this book.

4/5 stars. Read it. Enjoy. 

About

An ICU nurse accidentally uncovers a patient’s frightening past in this chilling thriller.

Meghan Michaels is trying to find balance between being a single mom to a teenage daughter and working as a full time nurse. While on duty at the hospital one day, a patient named Caitlin arrives in a coma with a traumatic brain injury, having jumped from a bridge and plunging over twenty feet to the train tracks below. 

But when a witness comes forward with shocking details about the fall, it calls everything they know into question. Was Caitlin  pushed  and if so, by whom and why? 

Meghan has always tried to stay emotionally detached from her patients, but this time, she mistakenly lets herself get too close until she’s deeply entangled in Caitlin’s and her family’s lives. Only when it’s too late, does she realize that she and her daughter could be the next victims.


2 comments:

  1. Great review as always.

    I gasped too. I know which one you mean. 😀

    ReplyDelete

If Something Happens To Me by Ales Finlay

  My thoughts Alex Finlay is one of my favorite authors. This book to me was one of his best. I've enjoyed a few and though I did see wh...