Saturday, April 20, 2024

A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

 

My thoughts

This is the fourth book in this series and I think it was nice to read about these characters. To get to know a bit more about them and what they felt after the war. 

I enjoyed this one and felt it was a good place for the author to do this shorter book. It's told from different character's prospective. It gives you some insight into their thoughts and feelings. You get more of Rhys and Feyre also. Their visit to the cabin was a bit racy if you will but that is what they do. I think they are great characters. All of the characters in this book are likable. 

I got a bit tired of Nesta's attitude but she was put through a lot. Dragged from her home and turned high fae was not her ideal way to live out the rest of her life but at least she is with her sisters. Forever. I suppose that is enough to put a damper on anyone's life. Hopefully she will come around in the next book. We'll see. 

You'll hear about Cassian, Morrigan, Feyre, Rhysand and a short section about Nesta. Each of these characters play a vital role in this story and in this series. 

This was a fun read for me. I can't wait to start the next and possibly last book. 

This author's writing is so good. In places some things are said a bit much but it's ok. These books are so long and need to be filled with enough imagination to keep you turning the pages. I'm really loving them. 

About

A tender addition to the #1 New York Times bestselling Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas, bridging the events of A Court of Wings and Ruin and upcoming books.

Feyre, Rhysand, and their friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly altered world beyond, recovering from the war that changed everything. But Winter Solstice is finally approaching, and with it, the joy of a hard-earned reprieve.

Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, her concern for those dearest to her deepens. They have more wounds than she anticipated-scars that will have a far-reaching impact on the future of their court.

Bridging the events of A Court of Wings and Ruin with the later books in the series, A Court of Frost and Starlight explores the far-reaching effects of a devastating war and the fierce love between friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens To Me by Ales Finlay

  My thoughts Alex Finlay is one of my favorite authors. This book to me was one of his best. I've enjoyed a few and though I did see wh...