Thursday, April 18, 2024

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

 

My thoughts

I'm really enjoying this series so much. This is the third book and it's even better than the last one. I never thought I would enjoy this genre of book before but oh my I do. There is everything in them. Laughter, cringes, excitement, light horror, thrills, chills, and tears. 

This book takes on another ride with the Faes. You get get to know a bit more about each character. More about their lives, fears, and loves. More about their strengths and weaknesses. More about their truths. 

Some of these characters grew on me a bit. Elaine comes out of her shell a tiny bit. She certainly has a lot going on but she's likable in many ways. Nesta is still stronger but you'll see a different side to her also. Feyre is still herself but in many ways she has grown also. She learned a lot about doing things that she wants to without needing to ask first. I like these sisters and hope each will continue to grow. As for Rhysand.. I still love him. He's the one that I hoped from the start that Feyre would be with. He's a kind and caring Fae and very strong also. He puts his friends and family first and foremost whether in battle or just being protected in everyday life.

You'll also see a different side of Tamlin and Lucien. Whether you like this side or not remains to be seen. I have high hopes for both but especially Lucien. I can't say why just yet.

This author has such a good imagination. Her writing style is great. She pulls you in and keeps you turning the pages. There is so much going on yet it's so easy to follow. I throughly enjoyed this book and the previous two. I highly recommend giving them a try. This one is 703 pages of excitement and intrigue. It takes you into a big battle between different regions and even the humans. It's exciting and gripping and keeps you on your toes all the way. I loved it.

About

The epic third novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's actions and learn what she can about the invading king threatening to bring her land to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit. One slip could bring doom not only for Feyre, but for everything-and everyone-she holds dear.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre endeavors to take her place amongst the High Fae of the land, balancing her struggle to master her powers-both magical and political-and her love for her court and family. Amidst these struggles, Feyre and Rhysand must decide whom to trust amongst the cunning and lethal High Lords, and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the fate of Feyre's world is at stake as armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disturbing The Dead by Kelley Armstrong

  My thoughts I usually don't read many time travel books but these have been so good. This author has go beyond the realm of what my im...